Friday, February 18, 2005

Where's my toast?

One night just before Brianna's bedtime I was fixing myself some toast with jam.

Brianna: "Where's my toast?"
(She didn't emphasize the word "my", as someone might who wants to be recognized or included. She emphasized the word "toast", as if she lost it; or as if she was the Queen and her mere request demanded an answer. Since I was not in the habit of making her toast at night and I didn't feel like playing the butler, I didn't answer at first.)
Brianna: "Where's my toast?" "Where's my toast?"
Jack (unable to ignore her any longer): "I don't know, where *is* your toast?"
Brianna (to Laura this time): "Where's my toast?"
Laura (calmly): "Brianna, would you *like* some toast?"
Brianna: "Um...no thanks."

3 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

I am "Nana" to Addy who will turn 3 in June. So these are wonderful to read. They just say the funniest things at this age! Maybe I'll have to start another blog about the funny things my 9 grandkids say. Would you be offended?

Thanks for all the smiles and giggles!

4/28/2005 5:37 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Like mother, like daughter. I love it! :o)

4/29/2005 8:19 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That's awesome!

5/02/2005 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home